Sunday, July 17, 2011

Ridiculously Good Caramel Cupcakes

Celia,

Hi there again! Just a friendly reminder that you have tons of delicious chocolate things to post about! Ok, so, for that party I mentioned in the last post, I also decided to try an ambitious baked-good recipe. The whole point of the party, after all, was to get to cook and bake things. I like feeding people. I settled on this cupcake recipe, and Holy Moses. I can't really take credit for how amazing these are, because it was someone else's recipe, but I am so pleased with these. They are going in my inventory for things to make again and again. The recipe is from a blog called Une Gamine dans la Cuisine, and I am so amazed by this blogger.


I'm not going to copy her recipe and re-post it here, since that feels a little like stealing. Especially since I didn't adapt anything - I followed it exactly as written. I do strongly suggest you check it out though!

Some high points of the recipe: this was the first time I had made caramel, and I made it with success twice - once for the filling and once for the frosting. I might have overcooked the filling a slight amount, since it came out fairly chewy, but it was still very tasty. I also made liberal use of my fleur de sel, because salt is wonderful with caramel.


These guys are also topped with spun sugar, which was SO MUCH FUN to do. Unfortunately, we took these pictures after the sugar had started to melt, so it's hard to see how nice they looked at first. It was also approximately 14,000 degrees in my kitchen at the time, so I think that contributed to the sugar-droop that happened. Either way, I will be doing this again.

Much love!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment