Sunday, December 18, 2011

Not baking stuff

Celia,

I got a little crafty this Christmas and wanted to share:

I started by making this guy to hold our holiday cards. I got a frame (well, and the picture that went in it) at a thrift store, removed everything but the frame, painted it gold, strung some gold wire along the back, and decorated it with some gold garland. Then I got some little jewelry-making clips to clip on the cards. Voila! I like it. It is far better than last year's method, which was standing the cards up behind the menorah, which was asking for a house fire every time anyone breathed during Hanukkah evenings. I would also like to know why our menorah can't hold candles worth a damn.

Where it actually lives, in the mudroom.

 I don't do a huge amount of decorating, but this area is the focal point. I have a small tree that I decorate, and some candles and an awesome reindeer. Also a lovely cat. Can you tell that his right ankle is shaved for an IV? Poor kitty. All I really want for Christmas is a healthy cat.



I got really, really excited about wrapping presents this year, and did them up fancier than usual. Observe:





These two are both for you. So is that green one to the right (by the plug - oops!)
Can't wait to see you to give you those presents in person!

Love,

Amanda






No comments:

Post a Comment