Sunday, January 29, 2012

Breadbreadbread



Amanda,

I finally got my hands on some new yeast. To prove to myself that I hadn't lost my bread magic I decided to make this French-style country bread. I also used the Silpat you gave me for Christmas--I don't know if that was a proper usage or not, but I wanted to try it out.

The bread came out alright, but not nearly as crusty or hole-ridden as the recipe claimed. I am not sure if I went wrong somewhere or if they were simply exaggerating. It might be better if you leave the starter overnight--I only waited 2-1/2 hours. And I didn't use bread flour, because I didn't have any. Hmm. Now I sound like a bad baker. The knife I used to slash the top also was not sharp enough.

Well, it was good to dip in my soup. And eat with cheese. And dip in olive oil and seasonings...

I am going to try some cinnamon rolls again tonight.

Much love,

Celia

1 comment:

  1. It certainly looks tasty. Now I want bread and cheese and soup.

    ReplyDelete