Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Lemon Gift Pie






Dear Amanda,

I have titled this post Lemon Gift Pie because: 1) it was my first creation using my, totally badass, new KitchenAid Artisan mixer! That's right followers, be jealous. 2) it was the first creation using the fluted pie dish that I got Mom for Christmas. That's right, I used Mom's pie dish before her. Erm, not sure how to excuse myself there. At least she got pie.






Anyway. This was my first attempt at a lemon meringue pie. I decided to make something that would show off my new mixer to its best advantage. The egg whites whipped so quickly!!!

So, it looked perfect. The meringue was perfect. The crust was flakily perfect.

The lemon filling never set up. And I have no idea why. Isn't that supposed to be the easy part?
So, in truth, I made lemon meringue soup. It was like a heavenly cloud of meringue floating atop a lemony lake. I need to reread the recipe, because I'm still not sure what I missed.

Much love,

Celia

PS-My mixer is so badass.

No comments:

Post a Comment