Sunday, June 12, 2011

Career Fallback Pancakes




Dear Amanda,

Let's bankrupt IHOP. It should be easy; all we need are pancakes, strawberries, and heavy whipping cream. I made these yesterday when I had leftover strawberries from making cup-pies. For those not familiar with cup-pies, see this clip of Pushing Daisies for an adorable explanation. For those already familiar with cup-pies and Ned, the pie-maker, hit repeat several times while a large, goofy smile spreads across your face.

Seriously though, the above creation was made from 1) strawberries sliced and mixed with sugar and lemon juice to taste; 2) pancakes made from Jiffy mix + one egg; and 3) heavy whipping cream with sugar to taste, whipped until soft peaks blessed me with their presence. I suppose that doesn't really count as baking, does it? Oops. Well, they sprouted from a baked good.

Cup-pies!





I have no idea why the images are staggering that way. Also fairly simple little buggers to make--use your favorite pie dough and plop in the strawberry filling that I mentioned earlier on the pancakes, but add a thinkener like tapioca or cornstarch. I had no tapioca so I used the cornstarch and nothing horrible occurred. Thank goodness. Yay cornstarch. Amanda, you have probably perfected the aesthetics of these little guys, but every time I make them they erupt filling all over the pan. Slightly mars their appearance, but it gives me an excuse to eat the thin layer of warm candy-like strawberry film off the top of the muffin tins so....there's a bright side to everything?

I am posting like crazy this summer, but when school starts again my side is going to drop off horribly.

Much love!

Celia

1 comment:

  1. Alternate title: Business Plan Pancakes.

    ReplyDelete